The Clan Hannay Society is looking to hire, on a part-time basis, a manager for clanhannay.org, our organization’s website.
Spread over the course of the year, such a position would require an average of 3 hours a week. Sometimes, several days can go by without an issue, but when one arises, it often needs to have attention paid to it for a day or two. As such, a typical four-week period might look like:
- 1 hour for a week
- no hours for the following week
- a full 8-hour day fixing a problem the week after that
- 2 hours the next week
The candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- Communications: Ability to respond to email requests promptly and track, fix and prioritize issues as they arise. Clan Council members need to know in a timely fashion when problems arise and whether or not they are getting addressed. This allows us to set appropriate expectations and to find practical solutions.
- Passion: An enthusiasm for the Clan Hannay Society that exemplifies its motto: “Forward Together”. The candidate should be energized with the idea of connecting far-flung cousins and helping our family stories be told.
- Geographic Location: Since this is an online job, geographic location is of little import, although a strong preference will be given to those who are able to attend, in person, at least one Clan Hannay Society event a year. Such events take place in Scotland, usually either in Lockerbie or Newton Stewart.
The Clan Hannay Society is a small non-profit organization. Compensation would be a monthly retainer fee of £125. As noted above, this comes with the expectation that over the course of a year, the manager would spend an average of 3 hours a week maintaining the site, with the understanding that very slow weeks with little or no activity will be balanced with those requiring a day or two of solid 9-5 work. For the purposes of job classification, this is considered a non-employee / contractor position.
Questions and applications for the position should be emailed to jobs @ clanhannay.org. Please include:
- (PDF format) a cover letter indicating your interest in the position and connection, if any, to the Clan Hannay Society
- (PDF format) a resume/c.v.
- the names and contact information of at least three references with whom we can get in touch.
for the Internet Committee of the Clan Council