Clan Hannay events will be included in the price of the tickets, but some transportation and accommodation are not. Please review this checklist carefully to make sure you have made the necessary preparations.
The Clan Hannay Society has organised a series of events and meals as well as a coach to provide transport while we are in Northern Ireland. Tickets can be purchased here. The excursion includes a special 3-course dinner for the evening of Monday the 29th of May. There is also an option to purchase only the meal without the rest of the tour.
Please note that your ticket does not include travel to and from Northern Ireland, or accommodation, which must be booked separately.
Transportation to Cairnyran
The excursion departs from Cairnyran, a ferry terminal a few miles north of Stranraer in Scotland.
You will need to provide your own method of transportation to Cairnyran. Some possibilities are:
- If you have just attended the 2023 Gathering in Sorbie and Newton Stewart, share a ride with another Clan Hannay Society member!
- If you are driving, Cairnyran is on the A77, about 7 miles North of Stranraer and 84 miles southwest of Glasgow.
- If you are flying into Scotland specifically for the Ulster Scots trip you will likely land at Glasgow International Airport. Cairnryan is 90 miles to the Southwest of the airport; the easiest solution is to rent a car and drive there. Public transportation by bus and rail is infrequent and can take several hours and multiple connections.
- Citylink runs buses from Glasgow and Glasgow Airport to Cairnyran several times a day. The trip is approximately four and a half hours.
- Scotrail runs from Glasgow Central (in the heart of the city) to Stranraer Harbour. From there, you will need to take a taxi or local bus to Cairnryan (about 4 miles). Total journey is about three and a half hours.
Return Ferry Trip from Cairnryan to Belfast
- The Hannay group will be departing Cairnryan for Belfast on Monday 29 May, 2023, on the 11:30 am sailing.
- We will be returning from Belfast to Cairnyran on Tuesday 30 May, 2023, on the 7:30 pm sailing.
You will need to purchase your own round-trip tickets for this trip. Tickets cost c. £35-£40 each way and can be booked at Stena Ferries.
Accommodation in Kilkeel
Rooms have been reserved at the Kilmorey Arms Hotel in Kilkeel at the preferential rate of £85/night B&B for a single room and £120/night for a twin/double room.
You will need to book your own accommodation directly with the hotel. Make sure you ask for the Clan Hannay event bedroom rate (valid if booked by 31st January, 2023). Contact info is as follows: