Parent category for all Member protected items.
Dorothea Hannah’s funeral at Skirling Parish Church on June 29th was attended by the clan chief and many relatives and friends especially from the community of Skirling in the Borders. Dorothea was brought up in Dumfries and trained as a teacher before marrying Donald and settling in Edinburgh. When Donald died she moved to be near her daughter Isobel who with her husband ran a guest house in Skirling. Dorothea was 94 and an honorary member of council. Her husband Donald Hannah, had been a founder member of the clan society and its first treasurer, in whose memory the Donald Hannah Memorial Trust was set up. Dorothea and her daughter Isobel were trustees, and for many years Dorothea was in charge of clan goods. At one time Isobel also audited the clan accounts. Dorothea was always interested in the clan and its members, for whom she did a great deal, and will be remembered with much affection by all who knew her.
The Clan Hannay Society regrets to announce the passing of the following members as of the Annual General Meeting on Saturday May 21, 2016:
- Mr George Harland Hanna of Maine, USA
- Mrs Isabelle Hannah Bailey of Tennessee, USA
- Mr Martin Logan of Hampshire, England
- Mr Keith Ronald Hanna of New South Wales, Australia
- Mr Robert Hannah of West Yorkshire, England
The Clan Hannay Society regrets to announce the passing of the following members as of the Annual General Meeting on Saturday May 30, 2015:
- Mrs Evelyn McArthur of Edinburgh, Scotland
- LT/CMR J. Langford Hanna, RAN (retired) of Albany West, Australia
- Mr Richard Harold Hannah of Manitoba, Canada
- Jonathon Alworth – Haestie of Folschviller, France
- Mrs Mary Jean Trommetter of Wickert Hall, West Virginia, USA
- Mr John Victor Hannah of North Carolina, USA
- Mr John P Hanna of North Carolina, USA
- Mr Ralph L Hanna of Colorado, USA
- Mr William W Hanna of Bath, England
- Mr Douglas W Hannah of Auchterarder, Scotland
- Mr FredericHannah Jnr of Texas, USA
- JoAnn Alvis Gust of Florida, USA
Posted by admin on December 10, 2013
John Hanney, our Vice Convenor, passed away, having been ill for some time. He overcame chemotherapy for Leukaemia, but sadly he subsequently had lung problems and became very weak. He will be missed by everyone and condolences are offered by the Clan to all his family and friends.